Saturday 10 August 2013

I Fell In Love At The Seaside

Tomorrow is my 24th birthday so I'm back at my parents house down south for the weekend. Our birthday tradition is to head to the beach during the day, take a dip, walk up and down the sand and then hurry home with fresh crab for supper...so that's what we did!


Crop Top - New Look similar HERE
Shorts - H&M similar HERE
Scarf - gift

The weather was amazing so I threw on my beloved crochet shorts and a basic NL top for the day out.  It's such an easy outfit to throw together and can be easily layered with a cardigan and/or scarf if the sun goes in.

And yes...I wore wellies to the beach...don't knock it 'til you've tried it!



We go to the same beach every year but this year it earned it's own little celebrity status!

Anyone recognise it?

This is West Bay nestled next to the small fishing village of Bridport in Dorset. It's the location they used for the amazing series that was...Broadchurch! For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last couple of months Broadchurch was a murder mystery series on ITV featuring David Tennant and Olivia Coleman - like most of the country I was hooked and couldn't believe that our little beach had become a national celebrity! 

There aren't any signs of increased tourism or cashing in on the programme but they've still got the sign up at the "police station" and a window full of Broadchurch memorabilia
 in Jack's newsagents! 

Cardigan - Primark?

Loved this!

We worked up an appetite walking along the beach and taking a little dip in the sea *think of the calories, think of the calories* and then stuffed ourselves with scampi and chips on the harbour front with the seagulls! 

I'm not sure what our plans are for tomorrow but at the moment I'm curled up in my pjs watching "HP & The Goblet of Fire" with the fam and I couldn't be happier!

Hope you're all having a stonker of a weekend!

T x




2 comments:

  1. Beach photos are the best! I love your messy bun and striped top.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

LOOKBOOK