Wednesday 16 October 2013

TARTAN 3 Ways: Night Out


My photographer/boyfriend has finally returned from his Thai travels just in time to take a few snaps of my current favourite trend...tartan! 

If you watched my September Favourites video (HERE) you may have seen me waffle on about my love of tartan and a couple of my favourite Primark pieces for Autumn. This trend can be a little hit or miss and has the potential to turn you into a Scottish reprobate so I thought I'd show how I would style my two current faves for different occasions.
Dress - Primark
Clutch - Primark (last year)
Tights - M&S
Boots - Topshop (last year's Attitude boots - check Ebay)
 I picked up this dress waaaaaaaaay back in August (video HERE) and fell head over heels as soon as I spied it's little capped sleeves, Peter Pan collar and bold tartan print. For £15 it's an absolute steal and the word on the grapevine is that a green and black version should be hitting stores soon...!

Styled in the wrong way this dress could get you a one way ticket to St Trinians so I wore it with my trusty studded clutch and super high, super chunky black boots to try and "grunge" the whole look down. From the little research I've done, any kind of tartan dress is bound to get you cat calls and schoolgirl references on a night out, so ignore any pisstakers, wear your tartan with pride and let your inner William Wallace shine through.

How would you style this dress?

T x

p.s. Keep your eyes peeled...eww...for this little number making a reappearance later in the week as a daytime look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK